Sunday, February 21, 2010

Change (Aug 2009)

Whenever we encounter... it always seems a big loss,

Whenever we meet... its never just a small toss.


More like a skip jump and a throw that takes my world for a spin,

A meeting that requires such an effort to grin.


Replacing all laughter happiness and glee,

with feelings of sadness and loss or melancholy.


Why must you always visit, when life begins to feel grand,

taking away, changing, like tides do to the sand. 


Never ready or prepared for that unpronounced time

When you enter my life for no reason or rhyme


Inevitable as it is, the adjustment always seems slow,

I cant remember a time where my emotions don't show.


Just apart of this life, one moment in time,

still I long for the past and those warm feelings sublime.


Onward and upward is the path I must climb,

for now it is impossible to turn back the time.


Change may rob me of the present here and now,

She can flip my life over until I cant see the ground.


Or throw me to the unknown  where I dont know where to start,

Throw me right through obstacles and rip me clean apart.


But my memories are mine each one deep warm and profound. 

Yes they are mine, all mine, tucked deep safe and sound.


-Brett Smith '09


copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment