Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happiness, Peace and Simplicity


Lost and alone, frightened and scared... All of life's obstacles can in no way be bared.


Empty and dark are the feeling within, lost and afraid I know not where to begin.


I've thought and I've searched, asked questions galore... Oh where are the answers I've been searching for.


I've clicked and I've read and I've sought them all out, yet no one can tell me what I'm going without.


What do I crave and long to achieve? 


Happiness... Peace ... and Simplicity.


But how do I find them these things that are most dear? I've searched all alone... even up to this present year.


But one thing I've forgotten from almost the very start... A humble sincere prayer coming straight from the heart.


As I began telling my souls deepest desires, almost immedietly I felt the warmth of a fire.


Happiness and joy overcame my whole being, I felt as though my body had just begun beaming.


Then a still small voice was carried on the air, so soft and gentle as the strand  of a hair.


"Happiness Love and Peace you've been seeking to know... Just soften your heart, be kind, and the Love that is within you will grow.


Like a seed it will sprout at first small but steady, over-time growing bigger and stronger as you are ready.


My dearest child, I've always been near, never has your cry not penetrated my ear.


I've watched and I've waited and had Angels at your side, For this time where you could listen and with me abide.


I love you my Son (Daughter), these things you must know.... -With true Love and Service your Happiness will grow.


- Give unto others always an increase, in this my child you will always have peace.


- Treat all manor of life with extreme Fragility, and there will you find your Simplicity.


Your Love should be constant and flowing as a creek, and always remember to turn the other cheek.


Endure all things that come in your way... And by my side you shall always stay."


-Brett Smith '09


copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment